‘Bruce & Pamela’ tour Amazon fulfillment center ahead of ‘Prime Day’
PHOENIX — KTAR News 92.3 FM‘s Bruce St. James and Pamela Hughes took a tour of an Amazon fulfillment center in Phoenix to learn more about how the online shopping giant’s warehouses operate.
The tour took the duo all around the 1.2 million square foot building, guided by Amazon community engagement representative Lisa Guinn.
“I cannot get over the scale of their operation and the efficiency that they run it in,” St. James said. “I found it fascinating.”
St. James and Hughes toured the warehouse’s pick-mod area, ergonomic work stations and the packing area.
“One of the things that really amazed me is that when they get new goods in, they just stick them where ever they can,” Hughes said.
Amazon Prime Day will be celebrated on Monday and Tuesday, when the tech giant plans to offer a variety of sales to their online customers.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Maximizing your experience with virtual assistant AI Alexa
- First responders contain fire at Amazon warehouse in Phoenix
- See some of the best Super Bowl ads before the big game
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Dec. 20-22
- Scottsdale wildlife refuge asking for Christmas trees for animals to enjoy