Scottsdale ranks as top place to start brewery in U.S.
PHOENIX— From jobs to celebrations, Scottsdale finds itself high on rankings all the time.
According to a list by Bid-on-Equipment, Scottsdale ranks 16th in the country for best cities to start a brewery.
The study analyzed 180 cities with at least 50,000 people. The cities were examined for population over the age of 21, tax per barrel, and breweries per 50,000 residents.
Somerville, Mass. took home the number one spot on the list. Madison, WI; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; and Longmont, CO rounded out the top 5.
The majority of cities earning the nod are in the Pacific Northwest and Colorado, which had seven breweries make the list.
According to the Brewer’s Association, craft breweries in the U.S. grew from 1,500 to more than 7,000 between 2007 and 2018.
Scottsdale is home to a variety of craft breweries like Fate Brewing, Goldwater Brewing Co. and more.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Incumbent Jerry Weiers leads primary election for Glendale mayor
- Democrat Hiral Tipirneni expected to challenge Schweikert in November
- Arizona primary election: Here are top races to watch Tuesday
- Airbnb suspends, removes listings in 6 Valley cities for party violations
- Scottsdale police asking for public’s help with information in park attack