The annual Academy Awards will be held Sunday and, seeing as we didn’t have time to see all the nominees this year, we asked Bruce St. James to give us his picks for the Oscars.
Like pretty much everyone else who has heard of it, Bruce is certain the critically-acclaimed “La La Land” will is a shoe-in for several awards. It’s a musical about the golden age of Hollywood that was reviewed by people who came up int eh golden age of Hollywood.
Is anyone shocked it’s up for a record-tying 14 nominations?
However, “La La Land” is facing some stiff competition from several smaller films, especially “Moonlight.” The film about a young, black, gay man growing up in Miami has a unique spin with really, really strong performances.
Bruce also said Casey Affleck’s role in “Manchester by the Sea” could end up stealing the Best Actor award while Ruth Negga could also surprise as the Best Actress winner for her role in “Loving.”
If you want to check out all the Best Picture nominees, flip through the gallery below.
Whichever movies and actors come out on top Sunday, it’s sure to be entertaining. Enjoy the Oscars, everyone!
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past