The numbers are out, and they’re not good.
According to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, only 37 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s handling of foreign policy overall, while 57 percent disapprove.
It’s an all-time low for Obama, and it’s obviously a result of the disaster in Iraq, in conjunction with the disasters that have been Benghazi, the Ukraine and Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
I would never argue that the president has handled any of these matters well. In fact, I would say the exit from Iraq has been handled as badly as the entrance was.
The Bush White House sold us “Shock and Awe” like it was a Hollywood action movie. And we LOVED it.
But when it came time to elect a successor, Americans were more in the mood for a romantic comedy. We elected a president who promised to get us OUT of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The problem is, we didn’t ask how. We didn’t care, apparently.
It’s a shame. Thousands of Americans have died in Iraq, and countless more Iraqi civilians have been killed in their own backyards, all in the name of liberating the country from a tyrannical past.
In June 2014, Iraq is quickly falling apart again to a terror network that makes al-Qaida look like a Disney princess.
And our White House doesn’t have a clue what to do about it.
We also didn’t ask about how the Unites States would handle security at our consulate in Benghazi, or how we would deal with an influx of illegal immigrant children in Nogales.
Maybe we need to ask better questions of our candidates instead of just hearing what we want to hear.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments