The numbers are out, and they’re not good.
According to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, only 37 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s handling of foreign policy overall, while 57 percent disapprove.
It’s an all-time low for Obama, and it’s obviously a result of the disaster in Iraq, in conjunction with the disasters that have been Benghazi, the Ukraine and Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
I would never argue that the president has handled any of these matters well. In fact, I would say the exit from Iraq has been handled as badly as the entrance was.
The Bush White House sold us “Shock and Awe” like it was a Hollywood action movie. And we LOVED it.
But when it came time to elect a successor, Americans were more in the mood for a romantic comedy. We elected a president who promised to get us OUT of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The problem is, we didn’t ask how. We didn’t care, apparently.
It’s a shame. Thousands of Americans have died in Iraq, and countless more Iraqi civilians have been killed in their own backyards, all in the name of liberating the country from a tyrannical past.
In June 2014, Iraq is quickly falling apart again to a terror network that makes al-Qaida look like a Disney princess.
And our White House doesn’t have a clue what to do about it.
We also didn’t ask about how the Unites States would handle security at our consulate in Benghazi, or how we would deal with an influx of illegal immigrant children in Nogales.
Maybe we need to ask better questions of our candidates instead of just hearing what we want to hear.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development