The numbers are out, and they’re not good.
According to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, only 37 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s handling of foreign policy overall, while 57 percent disapprove.
It’s an all-time low for Obama, and it’s obviously a result of the disaster in Iraq, in conjunction with the disasters that have been Benghazi, the Ukraine and Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
I would never argue that the president has handled any of these matters well. In fact, I would say the exit from Iraq has been handled as badly as the entrance was.
The Bush White House sold us “Shock and Awe” like it was a Hollywood action movie. And we LOVED it.
But when it came time to elect a successor, Americans were more in the mood for a romantic comedy. We elected a president who promised to get us OUT of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The problem is, we didn’t ask how. We didn’t care, apparently.
It’s a shame. Thousands of Americans have died in Iraq, and countless more Iraqi civilians have been killed in their own backyards, all in the name of liberating the country from a tyrannical past.
In June 2014, Iraq is quickly falling apart again to a terror network that makes al-Qaida look like a Disney princess.
And our White House doesn’t have a clue what to do about it.
We also didn’t ask about how the Unites States would handle security at our consulate in Benghazi, or how we would deal with an influx of illegal immigrant children in Nogales.
Maybe we need to ask better questions of our candidates instead of just hearing what we want to hear.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food