If you’ve been driving around the Phoenix area and wondered if drivers are this aggressive everywhere else in the United States, the answer, according to one study, is no.
Automatic.com collected metrics for drivers around the US by accumulating an “acceleration profile” of drivers.
Phoenicians are the most aggressive on highways and city roads, and Tusconites are making a strong case in second place on city streets. We think if Tuscon had more highways, they might claim a spot in that top three, too.
This was determined by looking at how drivers change their speeds, not just how fast they are driving.
Phoenix finished first in having both the most aggressive drivers on highways and city roads. Tucson finished second on the most aggressive drivers on city roads, and as noted above, lacks the highways to match up in that category.
Rounding out the top three for the most aggressive on highways were San Diego and Los Angeles.
The study also looked at the least aggressive and Honolulu topped both paths.
- ADOT’s online permit test has been used 23,000 times in 3 months
- Westbound I-10 in Phoenix narrowed overnight during June 1 weekend
- Agencies respond to hazardous spills, accidents in Arizona every year
- Arizona officials working to reduce accidents on road to Rocky Point
- 3 injured in explosion at Mesa Gateway Airport