If you’ve been driving around the Phoenix area and wondered if drivers are this aggressive everywhere else in the United States, the answer, according to one study, is no.
Automatic.com collected metrics for drivers around the US by accumulating an “acceleration profile” of drivers.
Phoenicians are the most aggressive on highways and city roads, and Tusconites are making a strong case in second place on city streets. We think if Tuscon had more highways, they might claim a spot in that top three, too.
This was determined by looking at how drivers change their speeds, not just how fast they are driving.
Phoenix finished first in having both the most aggressive drivers on highways and city roads. Tucson finished second on the most aggressive drivers on city roads, and as noted above, lacks the highways to match up in that category.
Rounding out the top three for the most aggressive on highways were San Diego and Los Angeles.
The study also looked at the least aggressive and Honolulu topped both paths.
- Tucson police officer shows off dance moves while directing traffic
- Several Arizona cities near the top of best cities to drive in list
- Bus carrying Mesa cheerleaders collides with big rig in California
- Heat brings busy days for at least one Valley company
- Interstate 17 reopens after wrecks close freeway near downtown Phoenix