LAKE BUTLER, Fla. (AP) – A third man has died after being wounded during the weekend by a 72-year-old man who went on a shooting rampage targeting several of his former co-workers at a trucking company.
A Union County sheriff’s spokesman says David Griffis died Tuesday, three days after he was shot in the stomach by Hubert Allen Jr.
Investigators say Allen drove to a location owned by the trucking company’s founder on Saturday. He shot and killed a former co-worker, and then went a short distance and killed the trucking company’s owner. Authorities say he then pulled over where another former co-worker was driving a farm tractor, exchanged words with him and fired a shotgun.
Allen then went to the company’s headquarters in Lake Butler and shot Griffis before killing himself.
Lt. Lyn Williams says Griffis was 44.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development