LAKE BUTLER, Fla. (AP) – A third man has died after being wounded during the weekend by a 72-year-old man who went on a shooting rampage targeting several of his former co-workers at a trucking company.
A Union County sheriff’s spokesman says David Griffis died Tuesday, three days after he was shot in the stomach by Hubert Allen Jr.
Investigators say Allen drove to a location owned by the trucking company’s founder on Saturday. He shot and killed a former co-worker, and then went a short distance and killed the trucking company’s owner. Authorities say he then pulled over where another former co-worker was driving a farm tractor, exchanged words with him and fired a shotgun.
Allen then went to the company’s headquarters in Lake Butler and shot Griffis before killing himself.
Lt. Lyn Williams says Griffis was 44.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy