Boo with a view: The 24 most haunted spots in Arizona
PHOENIX — As Halloween approaches, plenty of Arizonans will make their way to creepy corn mazes or haunted attractions across the state.
But some Arizona places could hold the real scares. From small towns, such as Jerome and Bisbee, to downtown Phoenix, there are plenty of spots across the
Ghoul Grand Canyon State where paranormal activity has been reported.
Many of the otherworldly tales originated in the state’s outlaw cowboy past, when danger lurked around every corner. Are those spurs you hear walking down the hall of the creepy hotel? A ghostly guest rattling the door of your room in the middle of the night?
Which leads us to wonder: Why do so many Arizona hauntings take place in lodgings? We’re not entirely sure, but it’s a little eerie.
The ghastly encounters are not limited to just hotels and homes. Arizona has a few haunted restaurants, official buildings and even an entire canyon.
Of course, no hauntings list is complete without an old church where spirits have been heard going bump in the night.
Below you can find a list of Arizona’s most haunted places. Look carefully at the photos. There may be someone — or something — waving back at you from beyond. Muahahaha!
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Officials: Vietnamese man dies in ICE custody in Arizona
- How much do Arizonans spoil their fathers? There’s a ranking for that
- Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father
- Study finds Arizona among worst states for working dads