Boo with a view: The 24 most haunted spots in Arizona
PHOENIX — As Halloween approaches, plenty of Arizonans will make their way to creepy corn mazes or haunted attractions across the state.
But some Arizona places could hold the real scares. From small towns like Jerome and Bisbee to downtown Phoenix, there are plenty of spots where paranormal activity has been reported.
Many of the tales originated in the state’s outlaw cowboy past, when danger lurked around every corner. Are those spurs you hear walking down the hall of the creepy hotel? Which leads us to wonder: Why do so many Arizona hauntings take place in lodgings?
Below you can find a list of Arizona’s most haunted places. Look carefully at the photos. There may be someone or something waving back at you from beyond. Muahahaha!
- Report: Arizona D-backs home game attendance up by 7 percent this season
- Arizona poverty remains among highest in nation, despite recent gains
- Violent crime in Arizona rose 13% in 2016, while property crime declined
- Arizona is worst state in nation for teacher pay, friendliness, studies find
- High temperatures in Phoenix could reach 90-plus degrees this week