Arizona health officials warn of possible marijuana contamination
PHOENIX – If you’ve been partaking in cannabis since it was legalized in Arizona, check your labels.
The Arizona Department of Health Services said Wednesday that dispensaries are voluntarily recalling eight marijuana products because of possible contamination.
The move is a precaution, ADHS said in a press release, after Salmonella bacteria and Aspergillus fungus were detected in some samples.
Health officials are advising that buyers avoid the following products and contact the dispensary where they were purchased (with brand name, product name, batch number, product type and possible contaminant):
- Harvest Platinum, 14g Pre Pack Indica Flower (Glazed Apricot Gelato): CVGH210406HB; Plant, Trim; Salmonella.
- Harvest Platinum, 14g Pre Pack Sativa Flower (Tiger Haze): CVGH210406HM (L); Plant, Trim; Aspergillus.
- Modern Flower, 3.5g Pre Pack Indica Flower (Orange Acai): CVGH2104210HI; Plant, Flower – Cured, Greenhouse; Aspergillus.
- Sol Flower Dispensaries and Establishments, Tahiti Lime: 0121TILM.33.WT; Plant, Flower – Cured; Aspergillus.
- EHF (Elephant Head Farms), HAT Trick #17 Flower: 030821F1H12; Plant, Flower – Cured; Salmonella.
- Mohave Cannabis, Preroll: LAB #454 PR; Plant, Preroll, Indoor; Salmonella.
- Tru Infusion Flower, Caked Up Cherries: 0326R12CUC; Plant, Flower – Cured indoor; Aspergillus.
- The Pharm, Chemistry #1 (HD 3/24/21): B15B.R1-10; Plant, Flower – Cured, Greenhouse; Aspergillus.
Symptoms of Salmonella include diarrhea, fever, stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Aspergillus can cause allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, coughing, fever and cold-like symptoms, often when the patient is already sick with another ailment.
CORRECTION: Earlier versions of this story identified the product Caked Up Cherries by the incorrect name of Cherry WIFI.