2 people dead in crash on U.S. 60 near Country Club Drive in Mesa
PHOENIX — Two people are dead after a crash on U.S. 60 near Country Club Drive in Mesa on Saturday morning.
The crash occurred around 1:20 a.m. and involved four cars, forcing authorities to close U.S. 60 at Country Club Drive.
According to the Arizona Department of Public Safety, impairment may have played a factor in the crash and an investigation is ongoing.
Police did not identify the victims or suspects. U.S. 60 was reopened at around 9:30 a.m. on Saturday.
US 60 eastbound is CLOSED at Country Club due to this crash.
All traffic must exit and can reenter at Mesa Drive.
Expect delays and seek an alternate route.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) May 15, 2021
No further information has been provided.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Ramp from westbound I-10 to US 60 in Tempe to close overnight Thursday
- Wrong-way driver crashes head-on into another car on US 60 near Phoenix
- Westbound US 60 near Higley Road in Mesa reopens after crash
- Southbound Loop 202 at Elliot Road in Mesa reopens after fatal crash
- Eastbound US 60 in Mesa closed due to crash