Coconino County reports first presumptive case of coronavirus
PHOENIX — Coconino County Health and Human Services on Wednesday reported its first case of coronavirus.
The presumptive case was an individual over the age of 60 from the greater Flagstaff area who is considered part of a vulnerable population, the county said in a press release.
The case, which has not been confirmed by state health officials, is the 28th in Arizona.
“The County’s number one priority is the safety of our residents,” Chair of the Board Lena Fowler said in the release. “We have complete faith in our public health officials, our community leaders and partners to manage our response to the pandemic.”
The county said the individual is being monitored and is under home isolation.
The test was conducted by TGen North Clinical Laboratory, the county said.
Earlier in the day, Arizona announced six cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
It was the most reported in a single day in the state since the outbreak started.
While the national death toll approached 100, Arizona has yet to report a death from the virus.
The AZDHS has been updating its coronavirus web page with the number of cases each morning.
For all articles, information and updates on the coronavirus from KTAR News, visit ktar.com/coronavirus.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.