FBI investigating after federal officers involved in shooting in North Valley
PHOENIX — The Federal Bureau of Investigation was investigating Friday after federal officers were involved in a shooting in the North Valley.
U.S. Marshals attempted to arrest a wanted subject near Interstate 17 and Peoria Avenue at about 12:30 p.m. when the shooting happened, FBI spokeswoman Jill McCabe said in an email.
A federal officer was assaulted, but no law enforcement officials were injured and the subject was transported to a local hospital, McCabe said.
The subject was pronounced dead at the hospital.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- One Phoenix police officer killed, two injured in shooting
- Chandler man arrested after allegedly firing more than 100 rounds at police
- FBI seeking man who robbed Glendale bank, attempted to rob another
- Two juveniles arrested in shooting spree lasting more than 1 month
- Shooting at west Phoenix mall leaves 1 victim in critical condition