Loop 101 overnight restrictions scheduled through Friday morning
PHOENIX — Overnight restrictions are scheduled to take place along the Loop 101 Pima in north Phoenix and Scottsdale until the end of the week, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The restrictions are part of ADOT’s $185 million Pima Freeway widening project that began earlier this year. Lanes will be added, in addition to other improvements, along 13 miles of the freeway between Interstate 17 and Pima Road upon completion.
The Loop 101 will be narrowed overnight to two lanes in both directions through early Friday morning between State Route 51 and Cave Creek Road. It will also be narrowed to three lanes in both directions between Scottsdale and Hayden roads.
The eastbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Scottsdale Road and westbound on-ramp at Hayden Road will be closed through Monday morning.
Meanwhile, the northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 and both directions of Scottsdale Road at the Loop 101 will be closed overnight until Friday morning.
The entire widening project is scheduled to be complete by early 2021, according to ADOT.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- I-17 in North Valley, Loop 202 in Chandler among weekend closures
- 14-year-old boy pronounced dead following shooting in Phoenix
- Closures on 2 North Valley freeways highlight busy weekend of restrictions
- Arizona Department of Transportation completes Loop 101 expansion
- North Phoenix Loop 101 closure, other restrictions to hinder weekend drivers