Share this story...
Latest News

Buckeye construction worker badly burned in electrocution accident

(Twitter Photo/@BuckeyeAZFire)

PHOENIX – A worker was hospitalized with burns over half his body after being electrocuted at a West Valley construction site Thursday morning, authorities said.

The accident occurred around 9 a.m. at a self-storage facility under construction in Buckeye on Yuma Road east of Watson Road, according to the Buckeye Fire-Medical-Rescue Department.

A 26-year-old man, whose name wasn’t released, had been working on a scissor-lift platform under high-voltage wires on Yuma Road when he was electrocuted, suffering second- and third-degree burns, the department said.

He was airlifted to a local burn center in critical condition.

Westbound Yuma Road was closed from Watson road to Sundance Parkway while the incident was under investigation.

No other information was immediately available.

It was the second serious metro Phoenix construction accident in two days.

On Wednesday, a 70-year-old worker was killed when equipment tipped over at the Gilbert Public Safety Training Facility construction site.

Show Podcasts and Interviews

Reporter Stories