PHOENIX — KTAR News 92.3 FM and numerous other stations will air ASU’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication’s “Hooked Rx: From Prescription to Addiction,” a 30-minute investigative report, on Tuesday night.
“Now with Hooked Rx, the great state of Arizona is once again leading the country in an attempt to address the nationwide epidemic of prescription opiate addiction that is needlessly claiming so many lives,” said Sean Walsh, CEO of Meadows Behavioral Health Care and part of the team that inspired the report.
The program will broadcast on 30 TV stations in Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma and 97 state radio stations. The version on Spanish-speaking channels begins at 5 p.m. and the English version will follow at 6:30 p.m.
The Arizona Substance Abuse Partnership, in a joint effort with the Governor’s Office of Youth, will host a call center during the program. The call center will use Arizona’s first statewide treatment provide locator, which will direct people to treatment and recovery facilities.
“If you need help for yourself or a loved one use the substance abuse provider locator or call the hotline,” said Debbie Moak, director of the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family.
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof