PHOENIX — KTAR News 92.3 FM and numerous other stations will air ASU’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication’s “Hooked Rx: From Prescription to Addiction,” a 30-minute investigative report, on Tuesday night.
“Now with Hooked Rx, the great state of Arizona is once again leading the country in an attempt to address the nationwide epidemic of prescription opiate addiction that is needlessly claiming so many lives,” said Sean Walsh, CEO of Meadows Behavioral Health Care and part of the team that inspired the report.
The program will broadcast on 30 TV stations in Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma and 97 state radio stations. The version on Spanish-speaking channels begins at 5 p.m. and the English version will follow at 6:30 p.m.
The Arizona Substance Abuse Partnership, in a joint effort with the Governor’s Office of Youth, will host a call center during the program. The call center will use Arizona’s first statewide treatment provide locator, which will direct people to treatment and recovery facilities.
“If you need help for yourself or a loved one use the substance abuse provider locator or call the hotline,” said Debbie Moak, director of the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Ducey gets average grades on education, economy in KTAR News/OHPI poll
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Arizona voters do not want US-Mexico border wall
- KTAR News/OHPI poll: Some Arizona voters say Trump’s first 100 days unsuccessful
- KTAR News/OHPI poll: Arizona Republicans say media inaccurately covers Trump
- KTAR News 92.3 FM wins three Edward R. Murrow Awards