PHOENIX — KTAR News 92.3 FM and numerous other stations will air ASU’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication’s “Hooked Rx: From Prescription to Addiction,” a 30-minute investigative report, on Tuesday night.
“Now with Hooked Rx, the great state of Arizona is once again leading the country in an attempt to address the nationwide epidemic of prescription opiate addiction that is needlessly claiming so many lives,” said Sean Walsh, CEO of Meadows Behavioral Health Care and part of the team that inspired the report.
The program will broadcast on 30 TV stations in Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma and 97 state radio stations. The version on Spanish-speaking channels begins at 5 p.m. and the English version will follow at 6:30 p.m.
The Arizona Substance Abuse Partnership, in a joint effort with the Governor’s Office of Youth, will host a call center during the program. The call center will use Arizona’s first statewide treatment provide locator, which will direct people to treatment and recovery facilities.
“If you need help for yourself or a loved one use the substance abuse provider locator or call the hotline,” said Debbie Moak, director of the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night