Chandler man with Alzheimer’s found after Silver Alert issued
PHOENIX – After issuing a Silver Alert, authorities located a missing Chandler man who has Alzheimer’s disease Thursday afternoon.
Barry Johnson, 73, had last been seen around 9:30 that morning wearing a white T-shirt, green shorts, black tennis shoes and a baseball hat.
Around 2 p.m., the Chandler Police Department said Johnson had been located.
Johnson is 5 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs 185 pounds and has blue eyes and gray hair.
He was preparing to leave town with his wife when he got upset and walked away from his home near Gilbert Road and Hunt Highway. He doesn’t have access to a car.
Johnson was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2018 and experiences memory loss and confusion.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert canceled for after Phoenix woman found safe
- Authorities cancel Silver Alert for missing 98-year-old Tempe woman
- Missing Phoenix man with medical condition found safe; Silver Alert ends
- Missing Scottsdale man found safe after Silver Alert issued
- Man accused of wearing wig during burglary of Chandler’s DC Steakhouse