1-year-old recovering after swallowing unidentified pill at Phoenix hotel
PHOENIX — A 1-year-old girl who was hospitalized in extremely critical condition Sunday after swallowing an unknown pill at a Phoenix hotel, is no longer in danger, authorities said.
Phoenix Fire Department officials said paramedics responded to the hotel near 44th and Van Buren streets about 8:30 a.m. The baby was suffering from an “altered level of consciousness” and then went into cardiac arrest.
Phoenix Police Department spokeswoman Sgt. Mercedes Fortune said Monday the little girl was “fine and no longer in need of medical treatment.”
Authorities said the child’s parents had tried to remove the pill from her mouth before calling 911. The baby was rushed to a pediatric hospital.
Fortune said no arrests will be made.
She did not say what the pill was or how the girl found it.
No other details were made available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix firefighters hospitalized after mountain rescues in extreme heat
- Hiker stung by bees, passes out, rescued off Phoenix’s Piestewa Peak
- 6 hospitalized, including pregnant woman, after Phoenix rollover wreck
- Crews douse debris fire at another Phoenix recycling yard
- 4 killed, 9 hurt in fiery crash on eastbound Loop 202