Mexican man dies in Arizona after falling off border wall
YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — Border Patrol agents say a Mexican man has died at an Arizona hospital after falling off a section of the border wall.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a statement Sunday that the 33-year-old man died at a Yuma hospital on Saturday.
Agents from the Yuma Border Patrol Sector located him on July 26 in an open field. The man told them that he was injured after falling from the border wall.
Authorities say the agents immediately called for firefighters. The man was transported to Yuma Regional Medical Center.
Border Patrol officials did not release the man’s name or any details about the nature of his injuries.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Sears Fire grows to 9,200 acres, destroys several homes, buildings
- Local personality Crisco Kidd steps down from radio, running for mayor
- Buckeye holding drive-thru Halloween carnival on Oct. 24
- Arizona receives $1.49 million to support expanding adoption services
- Ranking says Gilbert one of top 50 places to live in US