Multiple people involved in electrocution accident at Lake Pleasant
PHOENIX – The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a potential drowning involving multiple people at Lake Pleasant Sunday evening.
MCSO said in a statement that they responded to a drowning call at Scorpion Bay Marina involving two people.
The circumstances around the incident are unclear, but officials believe there might have been an electric current in the water.
One individual was pulled out and was being worked on by fire personnel.
The second person was still missing.
Peoria Fire-Medical Department said they had three other patients who had not been affected by the electrocution in the water but suffered minor injuries from the accident.
MCSO said the investigation is ongoing.
There was no additional information immediately available.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix man self-identified as ‘Rob the Rapist’ arrested for sexual assault
- 1-year-old boy dead following drowning in Buckeye
- MCSO says boat alterations created electricity in Lake Pleasant drownings
- More law enforcement deaths in 2020 due to coronavirus than bullet wounds
- Sheriff Penzone believes body cameras are valuable tool for departments