Loop 101 in Scottsdale closed because of serious 1-vehicle crash
PHOENIX – The Loop 101 Pima Freeway in Scottsdale was closed for about 90 minutes Thursday morning because of a serious one-vehicle crash, authorities said.
The northbound lanes of Loop 101 at Indian Bend Drive/Talking Stick Way were shut down around 9:30 a.m., according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT said the roadway reopened around 11 a.m.
Witnesses saw the vehicle in the HOV lane before it crossed all lanes and ran into a wall, Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Bart Graves said in an email.
The driver suffered life-threatening injuries, and the road was closed to investigate the collision, Graves said.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- No metro Phoenix freeway restrictions scheduled for Memorial Day weekend
- I-10 closure in west Phoenix among this weekend’s freeway restrictions
- 7 arrested in East Valley for selling fake vehicle titles, dealer licenses
- Crash temporarily closes Loop 202 Santan Freeway in Gilbert
- Vehicle fire closes I-10 transition ramp to US 60 in East Valley