Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants open for Christmas
PHOENIX — The Christmas holiday can be painfully busy with travel, gifts, parties and more.
If you’re looking to take a task off your plate — literally — here are some Phoenix-area restaurants that will be open on Christmas Eve and/or Day.
Frank & Albert’s at the Arizona Biltmore resort will offer holiday meals 5-9 p.m. on Dec. 24 and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. the following day.
Starting at $75 per person, the menu includes Christmas soup, roasted apple salad, braised short rib, a dessert buffet and more. Meals for children ages 5-12 are $40.
Giving Tree Cafe
The Giving Tree Cafe in downtown Phoenix will offer gluten-free, vegetarian and organic dishes from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Dec. 24 and 12-6 p.m. on Dec. 25.
Menu options include jalapeno corn bread, stuffed squash and spice vegan egg nog. Dinner starts at $18 per person.
The Hermosa Inn
LON’s at the Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley is offering a three-course meal at 4-8 p.m. on Christmas Eve and the following day from noon to 7 p.m.
The menu, priced at $79 per person, includes lobster ravioli, smoked prime rib and upside-down apple rum cake.
Hotel Valley Ho
Sands at Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale will offer a Christmas Day buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $69 per adult and $22 per child 12 and under.
Items include a seafood bar, a carving station, eggnog cheesecake and candy cane brownies.
Another one of the hotel’s restaurants, Zuzu, will offer a Christmas dinner 4-9 p.m. that costs $56-$79 per adult and $22 per child 12 and under.
The menu includes duck breast, slow-braised pork, pecan chocolate pie and a peppermint mocha Swiss roll.
Tomaso’s in Phoenix will offer an Italian feast on Christmas Eve and Day.
The menu includes lobster bisque, escargot, lasagna and butternut squash ravioli. Appetizers range from $9 to $18, while entrees range from $23 to $56.
There are also more budget-friendly eateries open on Christmas Day:
- Boston Market: call location for hours
- Denny’s: open 24 hours
- IHOP: call location for hours
- Old Country Buffet: open 12-6 p.m.
- Village Inn: call location for hours
- Waffle House: open 24 hours
For those who are planning to cook but will probably forget something, make sure you’ve got what need on Christmas Eve. Most stores are closed Christmas Day:
- Albertson’s: call location for hours, some stores open Dec. 25
- AJ’s Fine Foods: 6 a.m.-7 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Bashas’: open until 7 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Costco: 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Fry’s: call location for hours on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Safeway: call location for hours, some stores open Dec. 25
- Sprouts: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Trader Joe’s: open until 6 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Target: 7 a.m.-11 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Walmart: open until 6 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25
- Whole Foods: 8 a.m.-7 p.m. on Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25