Police identify suspect in Phoenix-area shooting death
PHOENIX — Police in a Phoenix suburb said they have identified a suspect in the fatal shooting of a man this week.
Caleb Bartels was wanted for questioning in the death of a man whose body was found in a Tempe backyard near Baseline Road and Mill Avenue.
The Sunday morning homicide brought officers, police dogs and a helicopter to the area. Witnesses told authorities that Bartels ran away from the house after the shooting.
Officers had been patrolling the neighborhood when they heard several shots fired.
Bartels, 27, was listed as driving a silver Pontiac Grand Prix, Arizona license plate BSK8972.
Tempe Police detective Lily Duran said Bartels, 5-foot-10, 165 pounds and has brown hair and green eyes, was considered armed and dangerous.
While the department was welcoming tips to his whereabouts, Duran said anyone who sees Bartels should stay a safe distance back and call police at 480-350-8311 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- New cannabis company offers delivery to Arizona, California dispensaries
- Snowfall closes major eastbound freeway in northern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- White House official wants new avenues to help treat mental illness