Protests against presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump took place in the Valley Saturday, the day of his rally in Phoenix.
A protest scheduled in Encanto Park occurred early Saturday, with large inflatables of Trump supporting their claims against him.
While there was not an overwhelming crowd present at the protest, there were shouting matches between the protesters and a presumed Trump supporter.
More than a dozen anti-Trump protesters have shown up outside a Phoenix arena where Donald Trump is due to speak.
The demonstrators protested Saturday afternoon from a street corner that borders the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Some carried signs and two chanted “Trump is hate” through megaphones at those on their way to his rally.
Protesters were also located outside the rally and continued as the rally got closer.
Trump’s rally is taking place Saturday afternoon at Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Politics and Sean Spicer take center stage at Emmy Awards
- Are Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer now friends?
- ASU president responds to Trump’s DACA decision with 5-step outline
- Awaiting Trump’s DACA decision, ASU president commits to ‘all students’
- AP sources: Trump expected to end ‘Dreamers’ program