ADVERTISEMENT

ARIZONA NEWS

1 man dead, 1 man hospitalized after west Phoenix shooting

One man is dead and another man was hospitalized after a shooting in west Phoenix on Saturday night, authorities said.

Watch: Why was Prop 212 kicked off the Arizona ballot? | 7 mins

PHOENIX — One man is dead and another man was hospitalized after a shooting in west Phoenix on Saturday night, authorities said.

Officers responded around 11 p.m. to a shooting near 39th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard, according to the Phoenix Police Department.

Upon arrival, officers found two men who had been shot.

One man was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Another man, identified as 21-year-old Jose Catalan, died at the scene.

No other information was provided as the investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information regarding the west Phoenix shooting is asked to call Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS (948-6377) or 480-TESTIGO (837-8446) for Spanish speakers. There is a reward for information that leads to an arrest.

David Veenstra KTAR.com editor

David Veenstra is a web content editor and writer for ArizonaSports.com and KTAR.com. Prior to joining Arizona Sports and KTAR, he graduated from the University of Oregon for his bachelor’s degree in journalism and Arizona State University for his… Read more

Comments

2 Comments

G
gary6449 Bassman 9 months ago

Yep - good to see that the ol' "Wesside" is still hitting on all "ocho cilindros" !

D
Da Contractor 9 months ago

Good ol’ Westside up to doing hoodlum things again..