PHOENIX — A shooting near Arizona State University’s main campus left one man wounded, according to the Tempe Police Department.
Police found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the leg early Friday morning. The wound was described as non-life threatening.
Details on the circumstances of the shooting or a suspect were not immediately available, according to The Associated Press.
The shooting occurred at the Vertex apartment complex near the intersection of Rural Road and Apache Boulevard. Traffic was disrupted during the early morning hours for the investigation.
Arizona State University officials said the shooting was an isolated incident and did not involve anyone affiliated with the university.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Downtown Tempe to begin holiday festivities on Black Friday
- ‘Stop Phx Police Violence’ banner removed from Phoenix overpass
- Suspected Arizona bar shooter had no criminal record; motive a mystery
- ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ to hold lotteries for $25 tickets to Tempe shows
- Gunman opens fire in Arizona bar, kills 2, critically injures 2