PHOENIX — A shooting near Arizona State University’s main campus left one man wounded, according to the Tempe Police Department.
Police found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the leg early Friday morning. The wound was described as non-life threatening.
Details on the circumstances of the shooting or a suspect were not immediately available, according to The Associated Press.
The shooting occurred at the Vertex apartment complex near the intersection of Rural Road and Apache Boulevard. Traffic was disrupted during the early morning hours for the investigation.
Arizona State University officials said the shooting was an isolated incident and did not involve anyone affiliated with the university.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
KTAR News 92.3
- Wrong-way driver misses oncoming traffic on Loop 101 in Tempe
- Man shot in car at Tempe intersection, dies; police search for suspect
- Third ASU Innovation Open offers student ventures chance to win $100k
- Tempe-based Carvana to hand out $35M in stocks to employees
- 24 arrested in Phoenix-area child sex crimes, human trafficking sting