PHOENIX — A shooting near Arizona State University’s main campus left one man wounded, according to the Tempe Police Department.
Police found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the leg early Friday morning. The wound was described as non-life threatening.
Details on the circumstances of the shooting or a suspect were not immediately available, according to The Associated Press.
The shooting occurred at the Vertex apartment complex near the intersection of Rural Road and Apache Boulevard. Traffic was disrupted during the early morning hours for the investigation.
Arizona State University officials said the shooting was an isolated incident and did not involve anyone affiliated with the university.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Trial to begin for ex-Arizona officer charged with murder
- Vegas rebranding shows difficulty of messaging after tragedy
- ASU aiming to make Sun Devil Stadium a year-round activities hub
- Body of missing elementary school teacher from Glendale found
- Three cities in Arizona earn top ranks for advancing LGBT rights