PHOENIX — A shooting near Arizona State University’s main campus left one man wounded, according to the Tempe Police Department.
Police found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the leg early Friday morning. The wound was described as non-life threatening.
Details on the circumstances of the shooting or a suspect were not immediately available, according to The Associated Press.
The shooting occurred at the Vertex apartment complex near the intersection of Rural Road and Apache Boulevard. Traffic was disrupted during the early morning hours for the investigation.
Arizona State University officials said the shooting was an isolated incident and did not involve anyone affiliated with the university.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Gov. Doug Ducey urges prosecutors to reopen Glendale stun gun case
- Arizona State partners up on $77M research center in downtown Phoenix
- Razor, Lime will pull scooters out of Tempe due to conflict with new fees
- Tempe hotels raked in a record $175M in room sales last year
- Arizona Sen. Carl Hayden’s chair stolen from Phoenix storage unit