PHOENIX — This may be a good article to read after you’ve had a nice, big lunch.
Two Phoenix restaurants were named to Yelp’s best places to eat in 2016.
One eatery on the list, Little Miss BBQ, has been getting a lot of acclaim. Yelp had the Phoenix joint as the 13th-best place to eat in the entire nation.
Located near 44th Street and University Drive in Phoenix, Little Miss BBQ is known around the Valley for its long lines but everyone says it’s worth the wait.
Last year Thrillist named it the best barbecue place in Arizona, thanks to it being one of the best central Texas-style barbecue joints outside the Lone Star State. It was also included in Newsweek’s official guide of things to do for Super Bowl visitors.
The other joint on Yelp’s 2016 list, Bobby Q, isn’t exactly a secret either.
Located on 27th Avenue just off Interstate 17, Bobby Q has been tabbed as one of the best 30 barbecue restaurants in the entire nation by OpenTable. It was the only place on OpenTable’s list from the Southwest.
Bobby Q didn’t fare as well on Yelp’s list, coming in at No. 88. However, we’re pretty sure a bite of its ribs, pulled pork or beef brisket, as well as other Southern fare, will perk the staff right up.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports