In new WalletHub rankings, Scottsdale wins the prize for the most active lifestyle.
WalletHub compared the 100 most populated cities and studied 24 key metrics including the number of sports clubs per capita and the average monthly fitness fee. Two key dimensions were analyzed, “Budget & Participation” and “Sports and Facilities & Outdoor Environment.”
Scottsdale had a total score of 57.01 but had one of the highest monthly fitness club fees. The city did have one of the highest number of public golf courses per capita. Typical for the Valley of the Sun!
Other Arizona cities to make the list include Tucson in the No. 7 spot, Mesa, Glendale, Chandler, Phoenix and Gilbert.
- FBI searches for scarf-wearing suspect in 10 Valley robberies
- Gymnast McKayla Maroney alleges sexual abuse by team doctor
- Phoenix-area city ranked best in nation to buy family home
- There really are lumberjacks at Northern Arizona University
- Scottsdale police dog dies after nearly a decade of service