PHOENIX — Are we alone in the universe? The debate rages on, but if aliens do exist, they apparently like the Arizona skies.
According to the Washington Post, Arizona has highest instances of unidentified flying object sightings per capita in the nation.
On average, 4.05 people per 100,000 Arizonans said they have seen some kind of UFO. That was followed by 4.02 per 100,000 in Vermont and 3,87 per 100,000 in Maine, respectively.
The most common UFO shape spotted in Arizona is a sphere.
However, Arizona was lower on the list when it came to the total numbers of sightings. California took the space cake on that one with 814, followed by Texas with 462 and Florida with 466, respectively.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again