The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is behind a cat being buried in concrete in Colorado City, a resident said.
“Somebody had stuck a cat in this pipe and the cat is now stuck in the concrete all the way up to it’s head,” said Andrew Chatwin, a Colorado City resident.
Chatwin thinks this is the church’s way of getting former members to leave Colorado City.
“It’s been going on for years,” he told Right This Minute. “I’ve recorded up to a dozen dead cats put into his horse corral. I’ve recorded dead animals that have been put into his truck.”
Chatwin is a former member of the pro-polygamy church.
The cat was cut from the pipe but died from its injuries.
You can watch a video of the cat’s rescue below. WARNING: VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck