Vintage baseball exhibition to be held at McQueen Park in Gilbert
PHOENIX — The Arizona Territories Vintage Baseball League is hosting an all day vintage baseball exhibition Jan. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at McQueen Park in Gilbert.
The league’s eight vintage baseball teams will demonstrate how the game was played in the early days with rules dating back to the 19th century.
The teams will be playing with wooden bats and will be dressed in replica uniforms dating back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The free event will be held on the grass fields of the McQueen park located at 475 N. McQueen Road.
Guests are urged to bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to watch the games.
For more information and the complete schedule for the weekend’s exhibition check out the league’s website.
The Arizona Territories Vintage Baseball League was founded in 2007. The eight teams play games regularly from November to April at locations all throughout Arizona.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix officer injured in East Valley highway crash
- Burgerim opens location in Gilbert, two more planned for the Valley
- Biker finds man’s body floating in Gilbert neighborhood lake
- University of Arizona to offer new nursing degree program in Gilbert
- Why a Phoenix suburb is now calling itself Kindness USA