Vintage baseball exhibition to be held at McQueen Park in Gilbert
PHOENIX — The Arizona Territories Vintage Baseball League is hosting an all day vintage baseball exhibition Jan. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at McQueen Park in Gilbert.
The league’s eight vintage baseball teams will demonstrate how the game was played in the early days with rules dating back to the 19th century.
The teams will be playing with wooden bats and will be dressed in replica uniforms dating back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The free event will be held on the grass fields of the McQueen park located at 475 N. McQueen Road.
Guests are urged to bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to watch the games.
For more information and the complete schedule for the weekend’s exhibition check out the league’s website.
The Arizona Territories Vintage Baseball League was founded in 2007. The eight teams play games regularly from November to April at locations all throughout Arizona.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Man convicted of murder in 2010 killing of Gilbert police lieutenant
- East Valley charter school evacuated due to smoke
- Gilbert creates ‘Game of Thrones’ video to encourage proper recycling
- Valley’s 10th Trader Joe’s set to open Friday in Gilbert
- University of Arizona set to launch nursing program in Gilbert