Arizona man finances bachelor party trip invite via GoFundMe
PHOENIX — An Arizona man started a GoFundMe page to finance a bachelor party trip for a stranger who invited him via email.
William Novak from Phoenix received the invitation email because of a typo but decided he wanted to take the bachelor party crew up on the offer anyways.
The problem was that the party was across the country in Vermont and the price of travel combined with the bachelor party festivities was a little too high for his budget.
Novak has a nine-month-old daughter and didn’t exactly have money in the budget for a trip out of the blue.
Factoring in that the trip was scheduled with and by complete strangers added a different complication to the matter.
After making arrangements with the party, Novak decided to start a GoFundMe to raise the estimated $750 for the trip.
In just two days, Novak’s page had earned $1,813 covering the trip with the remainder of the funds to be given to a a charity chosen by the bachelor known simply as Angelo.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Wall donations refunded or shifted to non-profit effort
- Veteran who served in Arizona raises millions for US-Mexico border wall
- ASU grad hoped to raise ‘a little’ to aid synagogue; nets $1.2 million
- Holocaust survivor leaves Scottsdale to visit family that saved her life
- Mesa grandmother hospitalized after tree crushes home during monsoon