The national anthem has suddenly become the center of controversy, especially in San Francisco, but on Monday the spotlight shone on two people.
ESPN telecasted the game and frequently focused on San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick, as he continued his protest on social injustice against African Americans, but the rest of the crowd present got to watch and enjoy the national anthem played by one of Arizona’s own.
Lindsey Stirling, a violinist who was raised in Gilbert, performed on Monday Night Football dressed in a 49ers jersey.
This was by no means Stirling’s first national anthem performed in front of a big crowd, but it was probably the one with the most hype surrounding it.
To ease of the controversey to come, Stirling did what she loves to do…dancing while playing the violin.
- Arizona man becomes 20th person sentenced in telemarketing scheme
- Parts of northern Arizona forest to close this summer to prevent wildfires
- Arizona appeal court dismisses opposite-sex bias claim
- Trust in self-driving vehicles falls after accidents like ones in Arizona
- Phoenix forum empowers local women with presentations, discussion