The national anthem has suddenly become the center of controversy, especially in San Francisco, but on Monday the spotlight shone on two people.
ESPN telecasted the game and frequently focused on San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick, as he continued his protest on social injustice against African Americans, but the rest of the crowd present got to watch and enjoy the national anthem played by one of Arizona’s own.
Lindsey Stirling, a violinist who was raised in Gilbert, performed on Monday Night Football dressed in a 49ers jersey.
This was by no means Stirling’s first national anthem performed in front of a big crowd, but it was probably the one with the most hype surrounding it.
To ease of the controversey to come, Stirling did what she loves to do…dancing while playing the violin.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US
- Trump’s comments about anthem, Steph Curry inflame sports stars