PHOENIX — Get ready, Flagstaff residents: You’re reportedly getting your very own In-N-Out Burger in the near future.
The Arizona Daily Sun — citing a letter sent to Flagstaff Mayor Jerry Nabours from the burger chain — reports the immensely popular fast food chain plans to open near Milton Road and University Drive.
The new restaurant will be in close proximity to thousands of hungry students at Northern Arizona University, which is just a few short blocks away.
A Pizza Hut on the site will be reconfigured to accommodate the 4,385-square-foot burger joint.
No estimated opening date was given, but we think it’s a safe bet to say everyone living in the area will hope for it to be sooner rather than later.
The newest In-N-Out location will likely be very popular with fans of the chain who live in Flagstaff, especially given the popularity of the once-“secret menu” that has since been posted online.
The eatery’s nearest location to the mountain town is almost a two-hour drive away in Prescott or a similar driving time to the location in Anthem, which is on the outskirts of Phoenix.
In-N-Out has 29 locations in Arizona. The Flagstaff store will be the chain’s 30th.
In-N-Out was founded in Baldwin Park, California — just east of Los Angeles — in 1948.
- Arizona Snowbowl again delays opening because of warm weather
- Taste of Arizona Festival to come to Phoenix-area next month
- Officials say Glendale teacher was stabbed, beaten to death
- Opening of Arizona Snowbowl pushed back due to warm weather
- New app will pair Phoenix foodies, chefs for in-home dining experience