Here are the Valley road closures planned this weekend for Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon
Jan 13, 2023, 1:55 PM
PHOENIX – The Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K scheduled Sunday in the Valley will create numerous road closures for a large chunk of the day.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between 6:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The marathon and half marathon are scheduled to begin at 7:50 a.m. near Arizona State University in Tempe and take runners through Scottsdale and Phoenix.
Streets along the course will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed by and all course support materials have been removed.
Here’s the list of scheduled closures:
- Mill Ave: Curry Road to Rio Salado Parkway from 11 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday; Galvin Parkway to Washington Drive from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (only 1 p.m. for southbound)
- Indian School Road: 48th to 64th streets from 6:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- 48th Street: Indian School to Osborn roads (both directions) from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Osborn to McDowell roads from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; McDowell Road to Van Buren Street from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Van Buren Street: 48th Street to Mill Avenue from 6:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; Galvin Parkway/Priest Drive to Curry Road from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Priest Drive: Van Buren Street to Center Parkway from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Center Parkway: Priest Drive to Mill Avenue from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- University Drive: Mill Avenue to Rural Road from 3 a.m. to 10 a.m.; Rural Road to McClintock Drive from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Veterans Way: Sixth Street to University Drive from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- McClintock Drive: University Drive to McKellips Road from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Curry Road: College to Mill avenues from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- College Avenue: McKellips Road to Gilbert Drive from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Gilbert Drive: College Avenue to Tempe Town Lake from 6:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Lake View Drive: Washington Street to Curry Road from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Hayden Road: McKellips to McDowell roads from 6:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- McDowell Road: Scottsdale to Hayden roads from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; 64th to 54th streets from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 74th Street: McDowell Road to Enterprise Drive from 6:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- SkySong Boulevard: 74th Street to Innovation Place from 6:30 a.m. to 11:15 p.m.
- Innovation Place: SkySong Boulevard to McDowell Road from 6:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Scottsdale Road: McDowell to Thomas roads from 6:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Thomas Road: Scottsdale Road to 64th Street from 6:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- 64th Street: Thomas to Indian School roads from 6:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.; Thomas to McDowell roads from 6:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Galvin Parkway: McDowell Road to Van Buren Street/Mill Avenue from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
In addition to Sunday’s events, a 5K on Saturday will start at 8 a.m. on the Mill Avenue Bridge.
Valley Metro light rail will operate over the weekend and feature an enhanced schedule on Sunday morning. There will be slight service delays once the races start.
Several bus routes will be on detour during the day.
For more information visit valleymetro.org or call 602-253-5000.