Sunrise Park Resort in eastern Arizona investing $5.5 million into renovations
PHOENIX — Sunrise Park Resort is pouring about $5.5 million in renovations ahead of the 2022-23 season.
The eastern Arizona ski resort will undergo lodge overhauls, lift upgrades and facility repairs in its biggest round of renovations in over a decade, according to a press release.
The Sunrise Park Lodge hotel will be completely remodeled and be the bulk of the improvements.
The lobby, pub, pool area, restaurant and rooms will be redone as part of the $4 million project.
The remodel will be done in phases, with lake-facing rooms to be completed first.
Another change will be a new Swiss Cord-style lift that will operate from the base of Denny’s Way to the peak of Cyclone Circle.
The lift can provide mountain access for over 5,000 people a day in an area that has been limited to hiking and vehicle access since an old lift was removed in 2017.
It’s expected to be up and running by the end of 2022.
Some upgrades have already been completed.
The exterior decks at Sunrise Lodge and Apache Peak Lodge were rebuilt with a new surface and supports.
Kitchen repair work at Apache Peak Lodge is underway and the stairs and entries at Sunrise Lodge will be replaced.
Here’s a list of other improvements that will be made:
- Cyclone Lodge will have a new fiber optic internet line
- Renovations to the cabins at Sunrise Lake to offer nightly rentals beginning this ski season
- New paint and exterior maintenance to buildings
- Ski and snowboard rentals will be moved to a new location to improve efficiency and improve customer convenience
- Overhaul to snow sports programs
- Moved retail shop and improved efficiencies for customer convenience
- Upgrades to ticket scanning systems and technology systems
The winter season started Dec. 10 at Sunrise in 2021 and ran until March 20.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Pass it along to the KTAR News team here.