Teen in critical condition after boat crash in Lake Havasu
PHOENIX — A 16-year-old boy from California is in critical condition after a boat collision at Lake Havasu on Saturday.
Authorities said the incident occurred around 3:41 p.m. in the North Basin of the lake.
The boy was operating a personal watercraft and collided with a 28-foot boat, landing in the water and sustaining serious injuries, the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release.
The driver of the boat along with bystanders called 911 and pulled the injured boy out of the water.
The boy was transported by ambulance to Havasu Regional Medical Center and was later flown to a Las Vegas hospital.
Officials believe speed and operation behavior of the personal watercraft were contributing factors to the crash.
An investigation is underway. No further information was provided.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Havasu remains lively despite college spring break cancellations
- Havasu resident struggles for months to shake COVID symptoms
- Speeding Arizona lawmaker appears in court after warrant issued
- Amber Alert canceled after Lake Havasu girl found
- Authorities find body of Phoenix man last seen swimming at Lake Havasu