Police arrest 2 suspects after burglary attempt at Scottsdale business
PHOENIX – Police said they arrested two suspects accused of burglary at a Scottsdale business on Friday morning.
Joshua Bess, 27, and Travis Stack, 22, were taken into custody after officers responded to an alarm call at Pawn First at Scottsdale Road and Earll drive at about 5:30 a.m.
Officers found Stack inside the pawn shop before he was next seen on the roof of an adjacent business, Scottsdale Police Sgt. Kevin Quon told KTAR News 92.3 FM in an email.
Stack and Bess were communicating during the incident and officers first took Bess into custody as he fought with them, Quon said.
Bess then became unconscious and was treated with Narcan for a possible overdose, Quon said.
Stack was later found in the pawn shop unconscious and was also administered Narcan for a possible overdose.
Both suspects were taken to a local hospital.
Bess and Stack were arrested on charges of suspicion of burglary, theft of means of transportation, aggravated assault of an officer and resisting arrest.
Southbound and westbound traffic at the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Earll Drive was closed at about 8:30 a.m. because of the incident.
About an hour later, police tweeted that the scene was secured, there was no threat to the public, and the streets were reopened.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Police identify bodies found in Scottsdale canal, Tempe Town Lake
- Suspect flees after hitting Scottsdale officer’s motorcycle, taking ambulance
- 4th suspect in Papago Park murder case turns himself in
- Scottsdale PD arrest suspect linked to body found in Papago Park last week
- Scottsdale police arrest 2 more for looting at Fashion Square last year