Phoenix homeowners find bag of guns while digging in backyard
PHOENIX — Phoenix homeowners who were digging a hole for a tree in their backyard made an unexpected discovery, authorities said Tuesday.
The residents found a duffle bag filled with several rusted rifles and handguns, Phoenix police said.
The homeowners turned over the firearms to detectives, who will determine whether they were used in crimes.
Police don’t yet know how long the guns were buried underground.
No other information was immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Pedestrian crossing street in Phoenix hit by SUV, dies
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from June 18-20
- Stolen vehicle led to crash in Phoenix that killed 3, injured 7, police say
- Phoenix police hoping for leads to solve decades-old murder case
- Man arrested in fatal hit-and-run of woman sleeping on ground in Phoenix