Lyft, Maricopa County partner to bring people home safe this St. Patrick’s Day
PHOENIX — If you’re planning on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, Maricopa County and a ride-sharing service want to get you home safely.
Through Sunday, Lyft is offering first-time users $5 off their first four rides by entering the promo code “BELUCKY.”
The company is also offering those who already have the Lyft app 20 percent off of two rides by entering the code “BELUCKY19.”
The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office partnered with Lyft to provide customers with these deals as a part of their “Save Lives, Don’t DUI” campaign.
“We’re encouraging those celebrating to plan ahead with a Lyft ride to help them get out and explore their city without worrying about parking or how to get home afterwards,” Drena Kusari, Lyft’s Phoenix general manager, said in a statement.
“With St. Patrick’s Day as one of the busiest days of the year, we’re grateful for our drivers that help people celebrating across all cities get home responsibly.”
Lyft has offered similar discounts in the past. Almost 1,500 people took advantage of the campaign in 2017, and more than double that number used the codes in 2016.
In 2018, Lyft drivers earned more than $18,500 in tips on St. Patrick’s Day.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Uber backs off threat to stop Phoenix airport service when fees start May 1
- Lyft to stay at Phoenix Sky Harbor despite implementation of new fees
- Arizona’s high court upholds new Phoenix airport Uber, Lyft fees
- Phoenix files defense of Uber/Lyft airport fees to Arizona Supreme Court
- Lyft driver from Surprise accused of sexually assaulting female rider