Lyft, Maricopa County partner to bring people home safe this St. Patrick’s Day
PHOENIX — If you’re planning on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, Maricopa County and a ride-sharing service want to get you home safely.
Through Sunday, Lyft is offering first-time users $5 off their first four rides by entering the promo code “BELUCKY.”
The company is also offering those who already have the Lyft app 20 percent off of two rides by entering the code “BELUCKY19.”
The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office partnered with Lyft to provide customers with these deals as a part of their “Save Lives, Don’t DUI” campaign.
“We’re encouraging those celebrating to plan ahead with a Lyft ride to help them get out and explore their city without worrying about parking or how to get home afterwards,” Drena Kusari, Lyft’s Phoenix general manager, said in a statement.
“With St. Patrick’s Day as one of the busiest days of the year, we’re grateful for our drivers that help people celebrating across all cities get home responsibly.”
Lyft has offered similar discounts in the past. Almost 1,500 people took advantage of the campaign in 2017, and more than double that number used the codes in 2016.
In 2018, Lyft drivers earned more than $18,500 in tips on St. Patrick’s Day.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix City Council approves new fees for Uber, Lyft airport trips
- Phoenix City Council to vote on new fee for airport Uber, Lyft trips
- Some Valley Lyft drivers unhappy about new pay structure
- Arizona AG announces sex trafficking training program for tourism industry
- Waymo, Lyft partnership to offer self-driving rides in Phoenix area debuts