Pregnant woman dies in Phoenix car crash, passenger injured
PHOENIX — A pregnant woman died and a passenger was injured in a single-car crash on a Phoenix street early Sunday.
Police said 39-year-old Anna Ruth Garcia Flores had tried to pass an eastbound truck on Thomas Road near 19th Avenue. Instead, she smashed into a traffic light pole.
A spokesman for the Phoenix Fire Department said the woman was seven months pregnant with a boy. They died at a hospital. The passenger, a 23-year-old man, suffered serious injuries but none were life-threatening.
The accident was under investigation.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver alert canceled after missing Phoenix woman found safe
- Phoenix parks open but restricted in response to COVID-19 outbreak
- Silver Alert canceled after 80-year-old Phoenix man found safe
- Colleagues remember fallen Phoenix Commander Greg Carnicle
- Maricopa robbery suspects handcuff clerk, escape with money