Dave Ramsey says: Plan better, don’t rely on crowdfunding for real estate investment
I’d like to get involved in real estate investing, but I don’t have a lot of cash at present.
What do you think of the idea of crowdfunding as a way to invest in real estate?
I’ve got a bunch of real estate and I love it.
But I wouldn’t go the crowdfunding route as a way to get started in real estate investing. I wouldn’t give someone money to buy real estate in a crowdfunding scenario, either.
The late Beverly Sills had a great saying: “There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going.”
Investing in real estate is wonderful when you do it right. Get out of debt first, pay cash, and find great bargains.
When you get in a hurry, and do dumb stuff like go into debt or get mixed up with partnerships in the process, real estate’s a horrible investment.
I admire your ambition, Adam. But I would advise you to follow my lead on this one. You’ll be glad you did!
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep job, keep paying off debt, go back to school
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Arizona medical-marijuana marketing becomes more mainstream
- Buying a home? 10-acre estate in Sedona on the market for $12.5 million
- Dave Ramsey says: Take longer elimination period for disability insurance