PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey wrote a letter published on Wednesday saying that his signature on House Bill 2365 makes his state the first to “streamline” the deployment of 5G wireless communication.
“The legislation, by making it easier to add capacity to existing wireless networks and, thus, improve our infrastructure, will go a long way in solidifying our reputation as a state where new and exciting tech companies can set up shop and flourish,” Ducey wrote.
An article from Business Insider explained that 5G technology hasn’t really hit mainstream yet, but when it does, it could allow customers to consume internet at speeds up to 500 megabytes per second — fast enough to download a 100GB 4K movie in two minutes, they said. The U.S. average for internet speed is 6.5 megabytes per second.
“In the 21st century, entrepreneurs shouldn’t have to jump through a patchwork of regulatory hurdles or navigate a maze of permits and fees in order to offer Arizonans access to mobile data,” Ducey added. “That’s what the legislation ensures.”
The first-term governor said it’s not a matter of “if” — but “when” — wireless networks in Arizona expand.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- GOP health care bill will be devastating for Arizona kids, advocate says
- Celebrate National Burger Day with best bacon burger in Arizona
- Walmart announces 4,400 veteran hires in Arizona since 2013
- Mother Road Brewing Co. named most underrated brewery in Arizona by Thrillist
- Bashas’ announces finalists for doughnut flavor contest