John McCain doubles down calling North Korea’s Kim Jong-un a ‘crazy fat kid’
McCain describes Kim Jong Un: “this crazy, fat kid that’s running North Korea” pic.twitter.com/FS6oiXRnR7
— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) March 23, 2017
PHOENIX — Arizona Sen. John McCain apparently got under the skin of the North Korean government by calling leader Kim Jong-un a “crazy fat kid” last week.
And he doesn’t seem too regretful in doing so.
Quoting a story in The Daily Caller about North Korea taking offense to McCain’s comments during an interview with MSNBC’s Greta van Susteren last week, the Arizona senator poked fun at Jong-un’s weight even more on Wednesday.
He tweeted, “What, did they want me to call him a crazy skinny kid?”
A story by North Korea’s state-run news agency said McCain hurt the country’s dignity.
The same press release also criticized Sen. Ted Cruz, who has pushed to redesignate the country as a sponsor of terrorism.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- President Trump endorses McSally for 2020 Senate race
- Rep. Ruben Gallego endorses US Senate candidate Mark Kelly
- Pentagon to White House after McCain incident: Stop politicizing military
- Trump says not involved in keeping McCain ship out of sight
- AP sources: White House wanted USS McCain moved for Trump