PHOENIX — If you’re looking for America’s favorite place to have a slice of pizza, you don’t have to travel all the way to Chicago or New York to get it.
In fact, Phoenix was named home to America’s favorite pizza, according to Travel and Leisure.
The Valley of the Sun may not be home to classics like deep-dish or New York-style, but the city is making a name for itself with its artisanal pizza, featured at gourmet shops like Pizzeria Bianco.
The publication also cited restaurants from the chain Oregano’s to the downtown Phoenix classic Cibo Urban Pizzeria as Phoenix pizza places that are to die for.
But if you want to travel outside of Arizona for a slice of pie, Albuquerque, New Mexico, also ranked among the list of America’s favorite pizza places.
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration
- Country music star Shania Twain bringing ‘Now’ tour to Phoenix
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Woman hangs ‘second place’ banner on Phoenix Confederate memorial