Woman shot to death in Phoenix putting kids into car
PHOENIX — Police said a 35-year-old woman was shot to death Tuesday morning while she was putting her children into a car.
Blanca Gutierrez-Calzoncit’s two children were unharmed, police said. Her ex-husband, Josiah English III, 40, the father of the children, was arrested that night on suspicion of murder.
Neighbors reported hearing several shots fired around 6 a.m. in the parking lot of an apartment complex near Cave Creek and Greenway roads.
Phoenix Fire Department personnel pronounced Gutierrez-Calzoncit dead at the scene.
The children stayed with fire department workers until relatives could be contacted.
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Which city in Arizona is the worst to live in?
- Arizona officials seize malnourished horses from New River woman