Woman shot to death in Phoenix putting kids into car
PHOENIX — Police said a 35-year-old woman was shot to death Tuesday morning while she was putting her children into a car.
Blanca Gutierrez-Calzoncit’s two children were unharmed, police said. Her ex-husband, Josiah English III, 40, the father of the children, was arrested that night on suspicion of murder.
Neighbors reported hearing several shots fired around 6 a.m. in the parking lot of an apartment complex near Cave Creek and Greenway roads.
Phoenix Fire Department personnel pronounced Gutierrez-Calzoncit dead at the scene.
The children stayed with fire department workers until relatives could be contacted.
- Authorities suspect Arizona inmate’s death to be a homicide
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury