Woman shot to death in Phoenix putting kids into car
PHOENIX — Police said a 35-year-old woman was shot to death Tuesday morning while she was putting her children into a car.
Blanca Gutierrez-Calzoncit’s two children were unharmed, police said. Her ex-husband, Josiah English III, 40, the father of the children, was arrested that night on suspicion of murder.
Neighbors reported hearing several shots fired around 6 a.m. in the parking lot of an apartment complex near Cave Creek and Greenway roads.
Phoenix Fire Department personnel pronounced Gutierrez-Calzoncit dead at the scene.
The children stayed with fire department workers until relatives could be contacted.
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion
- Where do Arizona politicians stand on Trump’s family separation policy?
- Arizona health officials warn about rise in animal rabies cases
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’