Arizona well prepared for second wave of coronavirus, health official says
Arizona Department of Health Services Director Cara Christ said Monday she believes the state is well prepared to handle a second wave of the coronavirus.
(AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)
(AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)
PHOENIX — Arizona Department of Health Services Director Cara Christ said Monday she believes the state is well prepared to handle a second wave of the coronavirus.
Christ said the steps taken to slow the current coronavirus outbreak will have established a medical infrastructure adequately equipped to combat a potential second outbreak.
“The second wave will be much different than the first wave,” she told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
“We’ll have more testing established, we’ll already have … the beds, the ventilators, the resources that we need.”
Arizona also has a current stockpile of about 1,500 ventilators, according to Christ. She expects most of those to remain in Arizona after the peak of COVID-19 cases subsides.
“This will put us in a very good position,” she added.
Earlier on Monday, the state health department announced the implementation of Arizona Testing Blitz — an effort to to test 10,000-20,000 residents for coronavirus over each of the next three Saturdays.
There have been 66,543 COVID-19 tests administered in Arizona as of Monday morning.
KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Taylor Kinnerup contributed to this report.





Comments
0 Comments