A Chick-fil-A express location is slated to open at Arizona State Universty’s campus in downtown Phoenix.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, the Atlanta-based fast food chain could open its doors at ASU downtown as early as next week. The downtown campus has more than 11,500 attending students.
The new restaurant will add much-desired diversity to the relatively scarce dining options near the campus, which include Starbucks, Subway, and Bowl of Greens (Mediterranian health cuisine).
Chick-fil-A has 19 Phoenix locations, with express locations at ASU Tempe and Grand Canyon University. Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff hosts a Chick-fil-A express location as well.
Until the new downtown ASU location opens, Chick-fil-A fans must travel to 16th Street and Camelback Road to get their fix. The Camelback location claims to have the “fastest drive-thru in Arizona.”
In years past, downtown Phoenix was considered by many to be a casual-dining desert.
The downtown area has become more friendly to fast food fiends since CityScape opened in 2010, bringing in national chains such as Chipotle Mexican Grill, Jimmy John’s, Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Potbelly Sandwich Works.
- Phoenix police encouraging drivers to be aware of reverse traffic lanes
- Baja Fresh coming back to Phoenix area; 2 restaurants to open before fall
- The Churchill in Phoenix announces tenants opening in summer
- One dead after rollover crash on Loop 101 in Phoenix; lanes reopened
- NCAA officials coming to Phoenix to explore another Final Four host bid