SALT RIVER PIMA-MARICOPA INDIAN COMMUNITY, Ariz. — Let the games begin.
The Arizona Diamondbacks open spring training play Tuesday at 3:10 p.m. hosting the University of Arizona. Besides new faces to the Diamondbacks roster, fans will see two new food items at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick.
Anyone who loves a food challenge at the ballpark will be pleased with the latest offerings at the park near Scottsdale.
Robert Brackett with Spectra Food Services said Southwest Mac and Cheese with green chilies and the Mega Dog have been added to the menu.
“That’s over a pound of food. A half-pound, footlong hot dog topped with Southwest mac and cheese and pulled pork. All in a bun,” he said.
The hot dog sells for $12 and the mac and cheese costs $7.
“We were trying to combine some of Southwestern food items and fans always love a challenge item. Anything big and bold fans always think is fun.”
The team hasn’t announced what’s new on the menu this upcoming regular season at Chase Field.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Legally Speaking: Who won in D-backs and Maricopa County decision?
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration