PHOENIX — A teenager who supplied the gun used in a murder-suicide at a Glendale, Arizona, high school could get charged in the case, according to Glendale Police.
Police said 15-year-old Dorothy Dutiel, the suspect in the Independence High School shooting, got the gun from a classmate, after telling him she needed the handgun for protection.
The classmate, who has not been identified, said he gave her a family-owned gun without his parent’s permission.
The classmate could be indicted with a felony charge for gifting a firearm to a minor, police said. The charge will not be submitted until all the evidence is examined.
The murder-suicide left Dutiel and 15-year-old May Kieu dead, after their bodies were found on the school’s campus with a single gunshot wound. The gun was found nearby, along with a suicide note.
Police said the families of both victims do not want to prosecute the teenager.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- Family of gun instructor killed by girl with Uzi sues range
- Arizona autism school opens expansion for older students
- Poll shows Donald Trump with slight lead over Hillary Clinton in Arizona
- Family of Arizona shooting-range instructor killed in accident files lawsuit
- Phoenix airport to get Arizona Lottery space