PHOENIX — Three people were injured and one person has died after being struck by gunfire early Saturday morning at neighboring west Phoenix house parties.
Phoenix police Sgt. Steve Martos said officers responded to shots fired just after 2 a.m. Saturday in the 5400 block of West Palm Lane.
Martos said two homes were hosting parties across the street from each other, and at some point people from both parties got into an altercation. One person retrieved a handgun and fired multiple shots outside of the homes, Martos said.
Police said one of the shooting victims drove away from the scene, possibly in an attempt to seek medical attention, and got into a car accident near 54th Avenue and Cypress Street. That victim, identified as 25-year-old Marcus Hernandez, died as a result of the bullet wounds, Martos said.
Martos said later in the morning two of the victims were found at a hospital in the area after they drove themselves to seek medical attention. One victim remained on the scene of the shooting and had family call 911.
Two of the injured victims are in stable condition, but one is in a critical but stable state, Martos said.
Homicide detectives currently have no description of the suspect, but Martos encouraged those with information about the altercation to call the Phoenix Police Department or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick