PHOENIX — There are plans in place to make Scottsdale, Ariz., the home of the largest Harley-Davidson dealership in the U.S.
Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is planning to build a new retail shop on the former site of a Chrysler dealership near Hayden Road and Frank Lloyd Wright.
General Manager Justin Johnson said it’s going to be a pretty big complex.
“The plans for the new facility are for right around 150,000 square feet,” Johnson said.
Right now, a dealership in Daytona, Fla., is the largest for the motorcycle retailer in the country at 109,000 square feet. In comparison, the average Walmart store is about 100,000 square feet.
Go Daddy founder Bob Parsons is behind the new dealership.
“He owns the dealership here, and he’s unrelenting in making sure that we offer the best customer experience in the industry,” Johnson said.
The new location will feature a massive sales and service area, but it will be a destination for much more than than bike sales.
“We actually will have a pavilion that will allow us to have some pretty cool concerts on the weekends,” said Johnson.
The dealership is expected to open by mid 2015.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night