PHOENIX — There are plans in place to make Scottsdale, Ariz., the home of the largest Harley-Davidson dealership in the U.S.
Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is planning to build a new retail shop on the former site of a Chrysler dealership near Hayden Road and Frank Lloyd Wright.
General Manager Justin Johnson said it’s going to be a pretty big complex.
“The plans for the new facility are for right around 150,000 square feet,” Johnson said.
Right now, a dealership in Daytona, Fla., is the largest for the motorcycle retailer in the country at 109,000 square feet. In comparison, the average Walmart store is about 100,000 square feet.
Go Daddy founder Bob Parsons is behind the new dealership.
“He owns the dealership here, and he’s unrelenting in making sure that we offer the best customer experience in the industry,” Johnson said.
The new location will feature a massive sales and service area, but it will be a destination for much more than than bike sales.
“We actually will have a pavilion that will allow us to have some pretty cool concerts on the weekends,” said Johnson.
The dealership is expected to open by mid 2015.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development