PHOENIX — There are plans in place to make Scottsdale, Ariz., the home of the largest Harley-Davidson dealership in the U.S.
Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is planning to build a new retail shop on the former site of a Chrysler dealership near Hayden Road and Frank Lloyd Wright.
General Manager Justin Johnson said it’s going to be a pretty big complex.
“The plans for the new facility are for right around 150,000 square feet,” Johnson said.
Right now, a dealership in Daytona, Fla., is the largest for the motorcycle retailer in the country at 109,000 square feet. In comparison, the average Walmart store is about 100,000 square feet.
Go Daddy founder Bob Parsons is behind the new dealership.
“He owns the dealership here, and he’s unrelenting in making sure that we offer the best customer experience in the industry,” Johnson said.
The new location will feature a massive sales and service area, but it will be a destination for much more than than bike sales.
“We actually will have a pavilion that will allow us to have some pretty cool concerts on the weekends,” said Johnson.
The dealership is expected to open by mid 2015.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them